1. Found money! I was searching for something on the corporate HR Web site Tuesday afternoon, and I uncovered a benefit for gym membership or exercise classes for field employees. You wouldn't believe how quickly I turned a yoga class receipt into $150. I did eventually find the information I was looking for, too.
2. Yarn on the way. I'm inspired by the Sockdown! September (Ravelry link) orange sock challenge. But there is No. Orange. Yarn. anywhere in my stash. I turned some of that found money into orange yarn from The Knitter. Claudia will be so proud of me.
3. Vacation was fabulous. I did not knit much. I stayed almost totally off line. I nearly finished my lone pair of Summer of Socks socks. I have one toe to Kitchener, and I cannot figure out where I hid bag of knitting I took on the trip. I spent a lot of time hanging out with D, B, and Miss M. I got to see Miss M dance in her first IrishFest. I bought yarn for a blankie for my nephew A. He even helped pick out the yarn.
4. Current knitting. I have a Lacy Lattice Stole for a swap nearly finished. I started it August 22 and it has been my only "at home" knitting since then. The swap deadline is the end of this month and it looks like I'll make it. I'm also working on two pairs of socks: striped Regia socks for D (because I needed a pair of plain socks for Labor Day Weekend knitting) and socks for me (for those times when I need interesting portable knitting like the business trip to Tampa this week).
5. Job is insane. It is the end of our fiscal year. Or time to drag in all those last minute deals, do your annual review, and start planning for next year. For the past couple of weeks I have been working extra long days (no daylight for photographing) and leaving the computer at the office whenever possible (no blog reading or posting).
6. I owe readers yarn. If you commented on the class reunion post, I will contact you this weekend so you can choose your yarny prize. If you did not comment then, but would like a yarny prize, leave a random comment about your Wednesday, September 17, on this post before midnight EDT today. I will send a random skein from my handspun bin to a randomly selected commenter. Even my dad (who sent an email comment) will receive yarny prize (kilt hose once I finish a few other things and find a good pattern).