Better late than never, here is my Secret Stash Swap questionnaire. I missed the part of the instructions that included the questions in the chaos that was August around here.
- When is you birthday? May 10
- How long have you been spinning? 7 or 8 years
- How long have you been blending your fibers? Not long at all. I'm using this swap as an excuse to get me off my duff to start playing around with the tools I have and to be creative with my stash.
- What types of blends do you like to make and spin? I have no idea what kinds of blends I like to make, but I'm looking forward to finding out. I enjoy spinning just about everything in small quantities. I love spinning my own sock yarn and then knitting it.
- What types of fibers do you NOT like? Are you allergic to any kinds of fiber? I'm not a fan of really short fibers. I have no allergies.
- What are your favorite colors? Green, red, and pink. But never all together. I also love natural sheepy colors.
- What are you least favorite colors? Orange, yellow, and any muddy blends.
- What type of yarns do you like to spin? (singles, plied, novelty, fingering, bulky, etc.) I usually 2 or 3 ply, from tiny up to aran weight. This fall I'm challenging myself to spin fatter lofty yarns.
- What type of blending equipment do you use? I have used a drum carder and hand cards. I own combs, but I have not yet been brave enough to try them out. I plan to comb one blend for the swap.
- What type of wheel or spindle do you spin on? Wheels: single treadle Schact Matchless and Ashford Joy. Spindles: whatever top whorl feels right for the fiber at hand.
- What do you do with your handspun yarn? Usually, I admire it and pet it. Sometimes I knit with it.
- What are your interests outside of spinning? Knitting, cooking, watching sports (while knitting or spinning) with my DH, and traveling.
- What types of music do you like? Just about everything. Lately, I'm listening to a lot of show tunes, folk, and classical.
- What types of movies do you like? Classics, musicals, and romantic comedies. Nothing scary.
- Do you collect anything? Yarn and fiber. ;-) And Disney character tea pots.
- What types of candy and snacks do you like and dislike? I like just about everything. I prefer my chocolate dark--the darker the better. I think that Scharfenberger 99% is tasty stuff.
- Do you have any food allergies to common "goodies"? (ie: chocolate, nuts, etc.) Peppermint. Wintergreen and spearmint are OK, though.
If I manage to get home during daylight tomorrow, I will have an actual finished pair of socks to show off. And two more odd socks added to my collection.