I haven't formally participated in the Me Made Monday challenge, but I aspire to. And I'm a lazy blogger who has a pile of California propositions to study tonight. So I found a half-baked post about a sweater I finished over 4 years ago and then never wore because it had problems. I did fix it and add it to my wardrobe. Here's it's story.
The sweater is a cute pattern, but the wide neck of the yoke constantly slipped off of my shoulders. The designer was in my SOAR 2012 workshop, and she recommended crocheting around the neck to tighten things up when she saw me wearing this sweater. Thanks to multiple moves in a short time, I spent at least a year with either the sweater, the leftover yarn, or a crochet hook to hand, but never all three at the same time. Eventually, I found my stash of Nonny's crochet hooks and the leftover yarn. Then, I cut apart the top of the keyhole, unraveled the excess i-cord, and grafted again. Then I ran a croched slip stitch all the way around the neck. Voila, a sweater that sits properly on my shoulders.
The details, or proof that I did sometimes finish sweaters during the long years of bloggy silence.
Pattern: Ruched T from Interweave Knits, Spring 2011
Yarn: Vermont Fiber Company 0-wool balance. (Now available from o-wool)
Time: Knitting February 2011 - March 2012. Less than 1 hour to fix on January 2, 2015.
Comments: This was a fun knit and I do love the style and fit of the fixed sweater. I got stalled early on because I needed to figure out short rows for the bust, and they're perfect.