It is Tour de Fleece time again. I participated for the first time last year and finished a long term spinning project. This year, I have 6 projects I want to finish during the Tour. If I get through all of either the wheel or spindle projects, I plan to pull out some silk to round out my 2010 challenges.
Both lists describe the projects counter clockwise starting in the lower left.Wheel projects (left photo, click for bigger)
- Finish spinning, ply, and wet finish 6 ounces Ashland Bay merino top on the Schacht-Reeves. Sampling this morning showed that the singles are underspun to make a nice 2-ply yarn, but the 3-ply from these singles is lofty and bouncy.
- Finish spinning, ply, and wash the second 4 ounces of Neighborhood Fibers corriedale currently on the Joy.
- Spin 1.5 lbs gray corriedale roving into 3-ply yarn to match the colorful stuff above. I plan to combine those two fibers into a sweater this fall.
- Briar Rose cormo purchased at Rhinebeck 2009 being spun into laceweight singles on a Bosworth mini.
- Pink BFL on a Touch of Twist spindle. I think the fiber was dyed by Mama E.
- Blue Moon BFL on a Kundert spindle. I'm letting the color repeats be long and then plying 3 spindle cops together.